A blog devoted to professional aspects of design
and engineering applied to the art of fine woodworking.


September 10, 2015

The Obsession with Metrics

This photo makes no sense to most people, although it stands as one of my favorites. I happened to have a camera with me one day that I inherited from my dad when I stopped by this local grocery store.

The camera was an older Nikon E5000. I had some work done to it before I could use it. I think it was one of the first sort of affordable Nikon digital cameras. It was only a 5 megapixel camera, yet the optics proved its value as this photo demonstrates. The camera was really on its last legs before I took possession, but some great photos still came out of it. I think this is one of them.

To me, this proves that numbers don't always count as 5 megapixels is small standards by even most newer cell phones today. I think I said something like that before. This camera because of its lens and sensor made the photos it took stand out with more expression, more human in the way it could photograph everyday images.

This photo says a lot. It says that simple numbers are not always most important.

No comments: