A blog devoted to professional aspects of design
and engineering applied to the art of fine woodworking.


March 30, 2014

The Molly Project: Planning Stages

A friend contacted me a few weeks ago asking about the possibility of having me build something for her. Her name is Molly. We soon met to talk over the project and some of its details. It sounded interesting enough that I knew I had to find time to fit it in if I could develop a workable design based on her concept and requirements. I worked out the design, and recently met with her to discuss details and cost. We have a preliminary agreement to build as a result.

I am still working on that large shelving unit project for myself, but its project timeline can slip some though. This project is core to my workshop mission, and the first entries I write here will discuss the build process before I discuss the specific need that this project addresses. It is definitely one of the more interesting projects that I have been asked to be a part of.

No comments: