A blog devoted to professional aspects of design
and engineering applied to the art of fine woodworking.


February 28, 2012

The iPad: Building A Stand

I recently purchased an iPad based on what I thought would be its usefulness to my work as a woodworker. It actually exceeded some expectations in that regard. There will be more on how it has in a future post.

Its primary use is in the workshop itself. I find that having a stand to hold it at a proper viewing height while placed on a workbench or table would be helpful. I therefore am going to build a stand for the iPad, and document its construction in the next series of posts.

The design of the iPad stand is almost completed. It has four splayed legs for stability that are attached to a central post. The central post contains a pivot joint that secures a small table for the iPad itself to rest on.

I decided to use my cnc router in interesting ways on this project, and my next post will start this series off with a topic related to that.

No comments: